Being a writer has a cost. We wander around with our heads in the clouds, and as we get older, can wander off in the middle of a sentence…
You might be a writer if:
- You view life as source material.
- Problems and conflict aren’t total losses.
- When you hear about a new kind of torture, you file it away for future use.
- Friends are friends forever, even if it is only on paper.
- You read a magazine article and your eyes glaze over and your brain’s tachometer maxes out.
- Old photographs can do the same thing.
- You savor your dreams like appetizers to a future main course.
- You often realize you have no idea what’s going on in the TV show you’re watching.
- Your significant other trails off speaking because they realize you’re not really here right now.
- You really don’t mind hearing about other people’s woes.
As you can see, it can be hard on relationships. But cataloging life is your jam.
One thought on “You Might be a Writer if…”
Naturally, leave your own You Might be a Writer points in the comments